Peanut Science is published by the American Peanut Research and Education Society on its behalf. We only collect the data that is required in order to provide services to you, that include:
- Submitting an article for publication
- Contacting us via our contact form
- Monitoring our infrastructure for bugs or security issues
- Non intrusive cookies to track which articles are viewed and downloaded
If you wish to contact us to discuss any data we may have about you, you can contact us at tgrey [at] uga [dot] edu. Under GDPR legislation you have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of this data, however, it should be noted that Right to Erasure may not apply to authors of a submitted article as we have a legitimate interest in keeping your data to identify you as the author of a published and indexed text.
We may share some of your data with external persons for the following purposes only:
- Editing, peer reviewing, copy editing, typesetting or proofing your article
- Registering your article with Crossref
- Registering your article with Similarity Check (we only provide your manuscript file, no other data)
Janeway (our software platform) does not profile your data in order to make an automated decisions.
We utilize cookies for the following purposes:
- Maintenance of login sessions
- Prevention of cross site request forgery
- Tracking views and downloads of our articles using the COUNTER method (https://www.projectcounter.org/)
We collect some personal data for the following purposes and using the following services: