1Contribution from the Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel No. 2005-E, 1987 series.
Growth and NPK uptake of peanut of cultivar Shulamit (Arachis hypogaea L.) grown in a sandy soil (Xeropsamment - Torripsamment) was investigated under favorable semi-arid conditions conducive to high yields. The rate of dry matter production was slow until flowering at 44 days after planting when only 6% of the total dry matter had been produced. From flowering until 111 days. 58% of the total dry matter was produced with an average rate of 97 kg DM ha-1 day-1. Thereafter, from 112 days until 128 days, at the pod ripening stage, the rate was 233 kg DM ha-1 day-1. Total dry matter production was 11,200 kg ha-1, of which 54% was in the leaves and stems and 46% in the pods. The pod dry matter yield was 5200 kg ha-1. The total uptake of N and P followed generally that of dry matter production, whereas highest K uptake occurred at 128 days and then decreased by 26% at harvest time. The total uptake of N, P, and K was 300, 27 and 244 kg ha-1, respectively. At 128 days the N, P, and K in the pods was 63, 71, and 16% of the total uptake of N, P, and K, respectively.
Full Article Available as PDF only - Use Download Feature
Keywords: Dry matter accumulation rate, NPK uptake, Arachis hypogaea L
How to Cite:
Halevy, J. & Hartzook, A., (1988) “Dry Matter Accumulation and Nutrient Uptake of High-Yielding Peanut (Arachis Hypogaea L.) Grown in a Sandy Soil¹”, Peanut Science 15(1), p.5-8. doi: https://doi.org/10.3146/i0095-3679-15-1-2